[chbot] Unlocking a microSDHC or SDXC card

Synco Reynders synco.reynders at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 01:45:33 GMT 2019

Hi Trevor,
  Very unusual that you have two cards that don't work. I assume they are
microSD size, and you are using the same holder? -since I've found often
the holder can have issues.
Also make sure you have the 'write protect' slider on the card /
card-holder pushed forward (towards the contacts).
Many linux commands to test SD cards, like use:
lsusb / lsblk to see if the card has been detected
then fdisk, gparted, ... for formatting.
Bring them allong to next meeting and sure I or someone will sort it out,
/s

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 at 14:21, Trevor Wignall <zl3adz at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have any tips or special means to unlock a micro SD memory
> card which has been corrupted by a Samsung Android phone? I have tried a
> number of methods including trying to reformat them in a camera, using a
> Hard Disk Low Level Formatting Tool, using AOMEI Partition Assistant, and
> using SD Card Formatter. Nothing seems to be able to change the card's
> contents. I have two cards, one of which (64GB SDXC card) is readable, even
> after all of the reformatting attempts. The other (32GB SDHC card) is more
> totally bricked. I am not worried about the contents of these cards, just
> after a way to allow these cards to be reused.
> Any help welcome.
> Thanks
> Trevor

Synco Reynders