[chbot] Robotics Group meeting, Monday 18th Feb 2019, 6:30pm, 5 Idris Road

m.beckett at amuri.net m.beckett at amuri.net
Fri Feb 15 10:21:27 GMT 2019

Greetings

I have 3 x Viewsonic VG181 (18 inch) LCD's complete with power supplies
plus one without.

https://www.cnet.com/products/viewsonic-viewpanel-vg-181-series/

There is also a dual layer LCD screen that was saved from being dumped.

These are in used condition and there is no warranty or return.

If there is some interest in these, I can bring them, but otherwise
they'll be heading to eWaste.

_Remind me to include the bases...._

There is also a DVD copier robot which originally featured the ability
to print on the blank DVD.

The printing stopped and I'm not sure if the copying still works, but it
has some interesting mechanical parts and is the size of a large coffee
machine, hence either someone is committed or it also heads to eWaste.

Thanks

Mark

On 2019-02-15 21:57, Mark Atherton wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Please bring along any projects that you have been working on, along
> with a healthy curiosity, and maybe some off-the-wall ideas and suggestions.
>
> As usual, the evening will start with an informal get together. Around
> 7:30 (maybe a bit later) we move into the more formal
> unprepared-talks-from-the-front. This is a very low-key event with
> people arriving and leaving as they feel fit.
>
> Happy to accept electrical/electronic donations for our host club's
> trading table, but they can't accept product with significant amounts of
> glass or plastic such as CRT TVs, CRT monitors, printers or document
> scanners.
>
> As usual, guests are most welcome; hope to see you there.
>
> Regards, Mark
>
> PS if you have any type of copper wire or cable that you would like to
> donate, please consider bringing it along to the meeting. Our host club
> has regular runs to the scrap yard, and copper is a real money-spinner
> for them.
>
> PPS if you have any interest in vintage computing, bring an empty car
> and a full wallet !

Links:
------
[2] http://lists.ourshack.com/pipermail/chchrobotics/