[chbot] Snubber circuits

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Wed Nov 21 03:12:31 GMT 2018

On the secondary side of the mains isolation transformer connect Neutral
of the item you are testing along with scope probe ground, and mains earth.

Some impedance between the isolation transformer secondary live and the
contact/inductive load might be wise, otherwise you might damage the
transformer.

The 100x probe needs to be rated to 5kV (?) just to be on the safe side,
since sparks tend to be quite high voltage events.

If you are serious about this can I suggest some bedtime reading on the
subject of the design of conducted EMC test equipment.

Item 3 is a standard issue where I come from when being close to more
the a few hundred milli-Joules.

-Mark