[chbot] Laser cutter, and International freight forwarder in Christchurch

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Jun 4 19:20:05 BST 2018

Hello All,

Currently looking at purchasing a laser cutter from China and wonder if
anyone can recommend a company who can manage the paperwork, and
shipping process between Lyttelton Port, and my home in CHCH.

Unit is probably going to be fitted with a 60W CO2 laser, which is Class
IV. I believe that there aren't any import restrictions on such a device
since it is packaged within industrial equipment.

=============

 From an operational point of view I believe that the main cutting
chamber must be kept above 10c to avoid condensation, and associated
corrosion. Any thoughts on anything less daft than using 100W worth of
incandescent lamps, and a temperature controller ?

Final issue is to keep cooling water in laser from freezing. Again,
maybe engage heating lamps under the cooling tank and associated
circulating pump if water temp drops below 5c ?

Not sure how many of these thermal issues are real as the cutter will
live in the garage which is attached to our main property.

Comments please.

Mark