[chbot] NOT Saleae logic analyser!!

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 04:50:37 GMT 2018

Even if it works under Wine, it will likely have issues due to not being
able to transfer at full USB speeds.

The Saleae kit is good. Anyone who rips them off is scummy IMHO.

I have an old Salaea (8 chan/24Msps) and have recently bought a
DigitalDiscovery from Digilent because I needed some more channels and more
speed (I needed up to 100MHz, but this goes up to 800MHz).
It can also generate waveforms.

https://store.digilentinc.com/digital-discovery-portable-logic-analyzer-and-digital-pattern-generator/

It also works under Linux. Not nearly as pretty as Saleae, but did the job.

It stores samples in the onboard 2Gbit DDR which limits the sample depth to
a 64Msamples or so.

What is really neat about the DigitalDiscovery is that it comes with a
C/C++ + Python API that allows you to program up "test scripts" etc.

For example, I needed to capture data into files then run some FFTs etc.
All very easy, scripted and allowed me to re-run tests etc without messing
about clicking the UI hundreds of times.