[chbot] In need of dimmer board to control 12v LED via Arduino

Rob de Voer rob at businesspalz.com
Wed Jan 17 09:02:19 GMT 2018

Hi All,

I have been gradually replacing the 240v lighting in my house with 12v LED
lights all powered by one 12v transformer and switched through a home
automation system made up of several Arduino boards and one RaspBerryPI3.

I want to start installing higher powered LEDs (21w 12v or more), dim them
to the low output for daily needs, and adjust the dimmer as needed.

Unfortunately building a suitable dimmer module so I can control individual
LED lights has thus far proven outside of my ability.

Have tried some of the published designs but have to resign myself to the
fact that I should stick to building software since i appear unable to
convert any of the myriad of example project to my needs.

Who is able to help me build a 12v dimmer board that can be controlled
remotely using any of  Arduino / ESP8266 / WemosD1R2?

Do I need to limit myself to a specific power (i.e. 21w LED) for the dimmer
to work efficiently or is a good design not that restrictive?

Kind Regards,

Rob