[chbot] [OT] flick electric price logging

Peter Ellens ellensp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 15:45:13 BST 2018

This is off topic for now but eventually I am hoping to implement auto
power shut off for non essential devices based on current flick electric
prices and preset trigger values. One devices will be the hotwater
cylinder, so i'm keeping an eye on the progress others are making in
this area.

For now I am logging the price every minute and was wondering if anyone
else was doing the same or would like to do the same?  I would like to
compare the prices I am logging with the prices some one else is logging
in the same area, as I suspect the prices are not genuine but tailored a
little to your usage (I've been trying to use power when it is a low
price, only to find the price suddenly goes up a few cents... It could
be coincidence.... )

I'm logging on a raspberry pi with an internet connection running a
node.js script via crontab every minute. The code authenticates and gets
the price and logs the date and price to a text file. You need a current
username and password for flick electric.

Anyone interested? It is really simple to setup.