[chbot] Group project: Wireless remote security monitor

zl3ag at radioengineering.com zl3ag at radioengineering.com
Sun Apr 22 01:11:38 BST 2018

We're not just trying to prevent these guys from operating nearby, we're
trying to be able to ID them by their Wifi/BT ID's so the police can
collar them.

The NZTA system operates in many locations. I don't have a smartphone so
I'm hoping Apple and Google enable BT discovery as a default and if so I
find it highly likely most people won't switch that off. The tracking
systems in malls probably rely on that.

If not BT then there's always sniffing the cellphone SIM ID from the GSM
signal? Mark?

Also, drones have a fairly unique audio signature that could be detected
via microphone? That could be the trigger for logging the other stuff
and sending out alerts.

Detect, log identifying data, disable the drone and then call the cops
in while they're out of the car trying to figure out why the drone fell
out of the sky. :^)