[chbot] Banggood?

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 24 10:08:13 BST 2017

On Sun 24 Sep 2017 19:09:41 NZDT +1300, Andrew Errington wrote:

> Has anyone used banggood?  I never have as I usually shop at DealExtreme,
> but I am finding more often that they're out of stock (generally
> permanently) or just don't have all the things, and that banggood keeps
> popping up as an alternative when doing a wider search.

I have used them several times and didn't really have a problem. I
suspect their stuff has some minimum quality, as opposed to Aliexpress,
because it always falls back on them, not the individual seller. I don't
bother giving feedback there as it needs to be approved by Banggood...

They are a genuine reseller of JYEtech handheld oscilloscopes (I had my
one with me last week...), as confirmed by JYEtech.

They even shipped 4 18650 batteries in a plastic case, when they
wouldn't ship the same without plastic case. (Remember Mark asking
recently how long it would take Asian suppliers to put an LED in to make
it an "appliance"?) Unfortunately they woke up too that 3 weeks later
and cancelled ny next order before shipping. They were not interested in
finding any alternative shipping option, like surface mail, they just
don't care about not selling to NZ. Annoying. I'm not sure I trust
trademe sellers, they're also 2-3 times the price.

Another supplier I think is high quality is Haoyu
(http://www.hotmcu.com/). They have links to datasheets, often have
schematics, and generally strike me as not selling knockoffs. No free
shipping, that adds about 20% to item value. I've used them twice
without issues.