[chbot] Discussions about Canterbury aquifer health

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Mon Nov 20 11:45:55 GMT 2017

Was discussing the state of groundwater supply with a couple of people
tonight and thought I'd share this little gem hidden in the OLD ECAN web
site (not found it on the new one yet).

The monitored well nearest me is M35/1000 which is on the corner of Sandy
Knolls Rd and Finlays Rd. From the graphs you'll see that a lack of winter
rain has resulted in very low levels (and people having to re-drill wells)
over the last 3 years but SO much better this winter.

http://www.crc.govt.nz/services/online-services/monitoring/groundwater-levels/Pages/central-canterbury-plains.aspx

--
Robin Gilks