[chbot] SRAM with auto addressing

Andrew Errington erringtona at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 00:46:14 GMT 2017

FRAM? Never used it, but it might do what you want.

Here's a simple example from some guy on the internet whom I have never met:
http://www.kerrywong.com/2012/01/15/using-fram-as-nonvolatile-memory-with-arduino/

On Nov 14, 2017 1:39 PM, "Robin Gilks" <robin at gilks.org> wrote:

I've been using a TFT LCD which has over 300k of RAM in it. To write or
read from that RAM, I specify opposite corners and then just write word by
word. Real easy, fast (40mb/s) and no extra address lines required. Great
for temporary storage/buffer space.

Does anyone know of a RAM chip that does this all on its own? i.e. write a
command that specifies an 'address' and then write or read until done? I'd
prefer something with less than the 1776 pins the TFT controller chip has
on it!! (say 16 data, command/data, read/write, chip enable & reset).

Would be real handy on small micros (and even not so small ones that have
100k-200k of RAM)

--
Robin Gilks

Mail Archives: http://lists.ourshack.com/pipermail/chchrobotics/
Meetings usually 3rd Monday each month. See http://kiwibots.org for venue,
directions and dates.
When replying, please edit your Subject line to reflect new subjects.