[chbot] Lithium Ion charge/protection circuit

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jan 16 23:48:13 GMT 2017

On Tue 17 Jan 2017 00:39:12 NZDT +1300, Andy ZL3AG wrote:

Thanks!

> http://radiostud.io/build-power-supply-portable-iot-device/

I'm having a hard time taking the bloke serious though.
http://radiostud.io/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/sch.png

OUT- is connected in series to a 10uF capacitor and nothing else.
Perhaps OK for high peak currents, but I don't see that IoT device doing
anything much for long. The PCB layout picture seems to support this
connection.

The TP4056 has its Gnd pin connected only through a 100nF capacitor.

The DW01A has its Vcc and Gnd pins connected together.

The link for the 8205A MOSFET goes to a S8205A battery protection IC...

While the suggestion of which components may be used is good, given the
number of errors the thing should be on the rubbish pile. Sorry. The
circuit as shown doesn't even work.