[chbot] Chchrobotics Digest, Vol 108, Issue 20

follower follower at rancidbacon.com
Tue Sep 27 13:11:36 BST 2016

On 27 September 2016 at 16:35, Marshland Engineering
<marshland at marshland.co.nz> wrote:
> I have a full workshop which can make anything
I appreciate your generosity in sharing your resources with other
members of the group.

> (except woman happy !)
I would however like to humbly suggest that statements like this do
not help the Christchurch Robotics list & group be an inclusive and
accepting place (which I would certainly like it to be--regardless of
my current geographic location) and request that you consider not
making such remarks in future. I realise any exclusionary sentiment is
likely unintentional and am attempting to point this out in as
conciliatory manner as possible.

I recognise that not everyone on the list may agree with me or my
request. While I prefer to avoid conflict where possible I also
recognise that I have the luxury of choosing to ignore non-inclusive
language but it is important to me that our world of technology which
has given me so much (both materially and enjoyment-wise) is open to
all.

My preference would have been to make this request in a private email
however as the language in question was on a public list I feel like
it is important that anyone who may have read it and felt excluded
know that it did not go by unnoticed.

Thank you for considering my request.

I look forward to hearing more about the exciting things made in your
workshop in future. :)

--Philip;