[chbot] Old computer stuff

Steve Davis steve at zl2ucx.gen.nz
Sun Sep 25 22:24:11 BST 2016

I have had success using USB to IDE adapters in the past, so was going to
suggest that, you can do a total backup of the disk using something like
CloneZilla. I have IDE drives you could clone onto if required (smallest is
about 200M not sure if it will spin up,  and others from 1.6G up but ...)

If it is 25yrs old is it even IDE?

I thought I could still source a USB floppy drive, but apparently not, but
If desperate I do have one that you could borrow, but not sure if the BIOS
would support it if that machine is that old (USB was only introduced 20
years ago).

Steve