[chbot] Fixing bouncing rotary encoder

Charles Manning cdhmanning at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 04:57:26 GMT 2016

A capacitor across the contacts might help.

What is the value of the pull up resistor? How often do you expect to see
pulses (if it was clean)?

Set the capacitor so that the RxC = about 1/10 of the period of the nominal
"clean" frequency you want.

Alternatively, if you have a scope handy and can see the glitches, set the
value to about 5 x the period of the glitches.

That should give you a reasonable starting point.

Rotary encoders should be doing quadrature encoding. I've seen that messed
up in firmware at least 50% of the time.