[chbot] USB2 vs USB3 ports

Geoff sdfgeoff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 22:14:45 GMT 2016

Similarly I have an ebook reader that will only charge when plugged into a
USB2.0 port, but not a USB3.0 port or just a normal power supply. I'm
afraid that to me, that is just a dumb restriction!

So yes, despite the fact that USB3 is meant to be backwards compatible,
some manufacturers have successfully avoided this technical achievement.