[chbot] Traffic lights and bluetooth

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Thu Sep 3 01:22:48 BST 2015

Hi Charles,

My concern is aggregation of tiny pieces of (apparently) useless
information. Add them together, and larger pictures can be revealed.

As one example: start tying number plate and BT MAC address together,
look up number plate, and you can converge on a persons name. Fill your
city with bluetooth sniffers, and you can start tracking people. There
are lots of holes in my example, but it is an example of how apparently
disparate data can be aggregated.

Haven't seen you at any Robotics meeting recently. Hope things are OK.

Regards,

Mark