[chbot] Robotics meeting notes, 2015-10-19

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 19 09:56:01 BST 2015

very briefly: another lively evening

20+ people turned up, great to see Andrew and Neil again

Marek and Yani dropped in earlier to say hello.

Mike Barnes collected $20+ in donations for Branch 05

Talks/demos included :

Neil and his amazing, portable egg printer.

Andrew and his discrete-transistor, 13 bit computer. Two back-planes,
lots of extrusions, and a plan unveiled. Wonderful, and ambitious project.

David Bourke talked about SMD/BGA rework, along with his video.

Robin Gilks talked about the ridiculously cheap STM32 based dev boards
he brought along.

I did a quick demo of the C920 HD H.264 webcam, and metal case (on order).

Am sure I missed a couple of others, sorry.

Lovely evening, thank you everyone.

-Mark