[chbot] Most puzzling arm compilation problem [SOLVED]

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Thu Oct 1 23:58:04 BST 2015

> All this works fine when compiled for the AVR but on the ARM I get the
> following problem. No idea what the overlap means but the '_sbrk' error
> implies that malloc is being invoked somewhere - I'm using newlib which
> expects you to define system calls. If I turn off the callback then it
> compiles cleanly.

Its more wrapped up with malloc than I thought!! The linker script
requires tweeking if using malloc (which the newlib sprintf uses) hence
the overlap and the _sbrk missing issue.

Fixed by using the BeRTOS version of sprintf (the avrlibc version doesn't
do strange things!!)

--
Robin Gilks
Internet: robin at gilks.org    http://www.gilks.org