[chbot] ESP8266 - the book, by Neil Kolban

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 12:41:53 BST 2015

Mark,

Many thanks for posting the link to the ESP8266 book.

Very useful, something in there for everyone from the simplest start to the
Eclipse supported dev environment, and some very useful explanations about
how to setup and use the callbacks. The GPIO section removes some of the
mystery. The references at the end are the most comprehensive that I have
seen.

Completely missing is information on interrupt priority and real time
performance. That could be a nice project for someone to add.

I had been considering whether to make a wifi controlled infra red remote
control using the ESP8266. With the (lack of) information to hand I'm not
convinced that a GPIO and timer approach will be 100% reliable. I guess an
ESP8266 and an AVR or PIC micro could remove the uncertainty.

Richard