[chbot] THL phones

Michael Field hamster at snap.net.nz
Wed May 28 11:29:39 BST 2014

Based on the postings on the list I spent got a THL W8S, and think it is
a great smartphone.
- 5" Full HD
- Dual SIMM
- 32GB on-board flash, without using the SD socket.

All THL phones seem to have a "time to first fix" issues with the GPS -
you need to force an update of the GPS EPO data (settings/Location
Services/GPS Satellites/EPO settings/Download) - TFF is now 15 seconds
or so when outdoors. Seems to be a common problem....

I ordered from Chinavasion on Saturday, paid $30 for DHL shipping, then
was using it on Thursday. Only complaint is with the charger needing an
adapter, so I use my old Samsung charger... Also got quite a nice case
leather of AliExpress for $9 including postage.

Mike