[chbot] solar roads

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Sun May 25 22:08:52 BST 2014

I have/had similar reservations.
  They have had some fairly large public sector grants thus far, and there
are some exciting features for which solar is just one. Still as great as
it is to be able to customise the road surface, have active median/other
lighting, get rid of snow/ice they are still going to be hella expensive!
  Besides that how long before the clever kids have figured out how to hack
it and sell pirate advertising 8)

But look at their website (saw it before the indegogo) and they answer
some of the questions... but... there is still something so backyard and
unscientific about their information that it disturbs me.... Like, dirty
solar panels... we cleaned one, the other was dirty, but Hey it sill made
a bunch of power (A table or graph would have been more convincing)...

  ANyway, this may be thread hijacking.