[chbot] A new website...

Richard Jones richard.jones.1952 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 20:32:19 GMT 2014

I can mock up content for web site front page tomorrow evening and publish
it, though I don't have much spare time until at least Tuesday 25th March
to do a polished job. We can also point kiwibots.org to the mock up, which
will free up Hanno's server, and continue our web presence inviting people
to meetings. I don't have a static IP at the moment so propose to use
google sites in the interim.

At next Mondays meeting we can decide what the site requirements are, most
importantly who will be responsible for moderating content. The who what
why where when stuff. Once the requirements are stable we can consider the
how, that is choice of content management system, how and where served.
Funnily enough google sites does not get a mention on this CMS comparison:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_content_management_systems

Thanks to everyone who volunteered to help construct and maintain our web
presence, we can consolidate who will do what at Mondays meeting.

Hanno, would you be able to back up our current content in a form that we
can access it after the site goes offline?

Cheers

Richard