[chbot] Flashing lights

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Mon Jun 16 20:59:14 BST 2014

Last night I had a set of neoPixel LED's flashing, and a some questions
over their use.

I entered element14's Wireless Charging Challenge
http://www.element14.com/community/roadTests/1261
which sought some ideas other than charging a phone.

The lights are for use in an illuminated Beer Tap, which started off as
a conversation with Simon from Wurth in Germany.
http://www.element14.com/community/roadTests/1261

I started looking at EL film, but the 500mA current for the amount of
light was not as good.
While not 100% practical in this form, it does have some possible
commercial usefulness to replace the ordinary lamp.

The Challenge finishes on the 27th, however if you want to vote it's
open here.
http://www.element14.com/community/polls/1826

You'll need to register on element14's community website (seperate to
the element14 shop site)
https://www.element14.com/community/create-account.jspa?ICID=hp-register

If you are interested in the neoPixels
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-neopixel-uberguide/overview
I believe you can also buy them from the 'free shipping' suppliers as
well as Hadley at Nicegear.
https://nicegear.co.nz/search/?q=neopixel

Cheers
Mark