[chbot] OT: Low profile RCB

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Mon Jul 14 23:03:30 BST 2014

On Tue 15 Jul 2014 08:54:24 NZST +1200, Marshland Engineering wrote:

> 30 ma is 30 ma regardless of how many breakers you have. We have one 3 phase RCD of 30 ma one feeding about 40 CB. We have a 'big' house many flouresecnt tubes, 1 fridge, 3 freezers, 1 large mill, 2 large lathes, 3 hot water cylinders, 2 heat pumps, dozens of computers, one 4 kw oil heater, washing machine, tumble drier, and still, I've
> never had to find and reset the RCD in the dark (or even the light for that
> matter).

And all those loads were connected downstream of theRCD? Are you sure?

> >Seems to work in South Africa when I lived there, but maybe the laws
> >of physics were different under apartheid.
>
> Oh yes. Made me laugh.

Keep laughing, I don't care. You two smartalecs are welcome to come over
and do your own measurements on the 6kW heater I have here. Your
suggestion of replacing a brand-new heater here in New Zealand just
because it doesn't fit your South African wiring made *me* laugh...