[chbot] UNI-T UT390B Laser Range Finder Distance Meter

hamster hamster at snap.net.nz
Thu Jul 10 04:50:24 BST 2014

I saw this Laser Rangefinder on Seeed yesterday

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/RPLIDAR-360-degree-Laser-Scanner-Development-Kit-p-1823.html

Most probably only useful indoors, and very pricy too, but has a very
high drool-factor.

Must... win.... Lotto....

On 10.07.2014 14:25,
Robin Gilks wrote:

> Greetings all
>
> I've started to collect
sensors of one sort or another for my robotic
> walnut picker-upper.
>

> So far I've received the above hand held Laser range finder that
operates
> over a range of 50mm to 40m (+/- 2mm allegedly) (tested from
50mm to 35m
> so far!!) which has a serial interface to allow hacking
into it as

http://blog.qartis.com/arduino-laser-distance-meter/ [1]

> I'll bring
it to the next meeting as its a nice bit of kit (even if it did
> come
from China and is probably really really dangerous).

> Cheers

Links:
------
[1]