[chbot] Has anyone used the HMC5883L digital 3-axis compass chip?

hamster hamster at snap.net.nz
Thu Jul 10 04:23:28 BST 2014

Hi,

I've got a couple of these as part of a cheap-and-cheerful
9DOF+Atm Pressure board.

I've found it very easy to work with, either
from a PI (all sensors):

http://hamsterworks.co.nz/mediawiki/index.php/Ten_Degrees_of_freedom_I2C_sensor

or from an FPGA (just the compass):

http://hamsterworks.co.nz/mediawiki/index.php/I3C2

I've got a couple
of boards spare if you want to borrow and maybe arrange a replacement if
you want to hold onto it.

Mike.

PS. I'm off to the Atlanta for a 3
day training course on Sunday, so I can bring em into the office
tomorrow (Durham St South), or you can pick them up in Springston
(outside Lincoln) on Saturday.

On 10.07.2014 14:20, Robin Gilks wrote:

> Greetings all
>
> I've started to collect sensors of one sort or
another for my robotic
> walnut picker-upper.
>
> Thinking about using
this compass chip but unsure whether the inclination
> of the earths
magnetic field in NZ is going to upset readings as I move
> the robot
about.