[chbot] Chicken View

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Tue Jul 8 01:44:26 BST 2014

On Mon 07 Jul 2014 16:35:26 NZST +1200, Richard Jones wrote:

> Funnily enough I may just have an application for one of these. Wife
> and friends have suggested an internet view of the chickens. It won't
> be too much of a loss if it gets wet or worse. I was thinking web cam
> and wifi. Alternative suggestions welcome :-)

Very easy, and much better than the previously mentioned sub-$1 value
board:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/vocore-a-coin-sized-linux-computer-with-wifi/x/7702800

Runs for another 12 days. Ethernet, wifi, serial, open source. Well
worth it.

Alternatively:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/wifi-module-RS232-serial-to-Ehernet-HLK-RMO4-startkit-free-shipping/1444943150.html

Directly from the manufacturer. Cheaper hardware, but don't bother
asking for support or a datasheet, and the open source status is
dubious, as with many Chinese companies.
I can show you one next week. The plan is to replace all the software
and make them work like the vocore ones I'll get later. I got it because
the hardware configuration is different.