[chbot] Chinavasion and airmail...

Helmut Walle helmut.walle at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 02:59:02 GMT 2014

Cost doesn't matter. You did still get what you would expect, though:
German efficiency in the first case, and in the second case the American
service provider failing on a supposedly simple job (but wait, now that
they've lost it, you've got an insurance claim, and I am sure you will
find yourself before a US court in no time at all - and then may God
have mercy on your poor soul! (Oh, and it doesn't matter if you don't
believe in either, because they've got enough faith over there to cover
you in that regard as well...))

(-:

Kind regards,

Helmut.

On 3/01/2014 3:14 p.m., Chris Hellyar wrote:
> Duh, missed the punch line..  The $5 Euro postage item arrived this
> morning...
>
> moving on.
>
> On 03/01/14 15:13, Chris Hellyar wrote:
>> Similar, but different source country...
>>
>> Ordered a pile of small antenna bits from a company in Germany on the
>> 22nd of December, paid for 'economy shipping - German Post office' of
>> $5 Euro not expecting anything to be fast this time of year.
>>
>> In contrast, I ordered a electronic module from another German
>> company back in the 1st week of December, Only shipping option
>> Fedex.  They lost it, and are processing the insurance claim now.
>>
>> Sometimes you just don't get what you pay for with shipping.
>>
>> Oh, and happy new year, don't post to here very often these days. :-)
>>
>> Cheers, Chris H.

[...]