[chbot] SMD packages

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Fri Feb 28 20:46:33 GMT 2014

On Sat 01 Mar 2014 09:21:43 NZDT +1300, Marshland Engineering wrote:

> So it looks like I best design my own pads as the Tyco one gives me
> more clearance to run tracks under the component.

Yes, if you want to optimise this kind of thing you end up making your
own pads anyway. Btw I strongly suggest you start designing (and
naming!) everything metric. There are industry suggestions on what to
name the pads, you will end up in a mess pretty quickly if you don't
follow it. It's IPC-7351B, naming convention for land patterns.

http://landpatterns.ipc.org/IPC-7351BNamingConvention.pdf

There are more useful documents close by. Mentor Graphics also has a
bunch of useful documents on how to create electronic design libraries
so they can be used efficiently. You needed to provide an email address
to get them. (mailinator.com has a useful antispam service.)