[chbot] 6809 Processors

Marshland Engineering marshland at marshland.co.nz
Mon Feb 3 09:00:08 GMT 2014

The power to the main display is a switch mode supply and I have changed the
caps.
The mill is a 220 V 3 phase so it already runs through an isolation
transformer from 440V.
As it has got worse over time I'm looking at what could be the cause.

The TIG welder is switchmode, however it's not the weld that does it but the
high frequency spark at the start. The spark jumps 5-6 mm and the mill goes
awol even though its 6 meters away.  That reminded me, I've been playing
around with ignitions and was using the variable speed in the mill to swing
the rotors. As soon as the sparkplug fires, the mill goes off.

So it's the a tiny high voltage spike that get through. May not even be
through the mains.

Cheers Wallace