[chbot] Opto isolated triacs - Digikey account anyone?

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Sat Dec 27 22:22:26 GMT 2014

Greetings all

I'm going to have to change the way I drive the triacs on my irrigation
controller as I think the asymmetric switching I'm currently using is
causing a DC component to get to the solenoids and blowing them up (8-9 of
them so far this year at over $40 a pop!)

The simplest mod I can come up with is to put zero switching opto triacs
between the existing drivers and triacs - that only requires a 4 pin DIL
and 1 or 2 resistors (times 32 for the number of channels on the
controller)

The Toshiba part TLP361J(F) available from Digikey looks like it will do
the job but I'm pretty sure you need an account to get stuff from them.
Can anyone assist in this area?

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks