[chbot] Laser Cutting

follower follower at rancidbacon.com
Sun Dec 14 14:03:22 GMT 2014

On 11 December 2014 at 09:15, Volker Kuhlmann <list0570 at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> I don't see how this problem could be related to imperial units. Mixing
> up 1mm with 25.4mm gives an error of factor 25.4, but the observed error
> was factor 0.8 or 1.25, depending in which direction you go (0.8 from
> inkscape DXF to laser machine).
It might be coincidence but this sounds like a similar issue that I
encountered recently with Inkscape --> Adobe Illustrator --> laser,
which is that one format uses 72dpi and the other uses 90dpi.

Some notes about this from my experience at the FabLab in Wellington:
<http://www.labradoc.com/i/follower/p/notes-fablab-laser-cutter#20141202>

--Philip;