[chbot] Electrical Safety

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Wed Aug 20 06:37:29 BST 2014

Yes
But 100 years ago he wouldn't have been able to ask questions in the
same manner.

My suggestion is RCD at the source, however you really need to have an
earth to connect the generator to.
In my case I've usually treated the load as a plug in device, and not
bothered with trying to connect back to the switchboard, etc.

What you might find is that the frequency is way off and the voltage
fluctuates like crazy, so some care is required.
Luckily most monitors (and I assume TV's) seem to simply rectify the
mains, then do the magic with the DC voltage.
So they should be fine.

Mark