[chbot] Lazy software developers please read... chocolate fish

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Aug 6 23:00:18 BST 2014

On Thu 07 Aug 2014 07:49:25 NZST +1200, Charles Manning wrote:

> In theory it could be. You can do absolutely amazing things in sed,
> but it would probably need a multi-page sed script to do this and
> learning sed to the nth degree.

Yes I know all that, have done this regularly in gawk (because I found
that easier than to do the same thing in sed). Never said you couldn't
do it in sed, given a mental challenge, too much time, or both. But I'll
give you all a chocolate fish at the next meeting if you show a sed
program like
    sed 's/xxx/yyy/'
as suggested, that does do the job as asked, for a whole .c and a whole
.h file. I'm even being generous and allow you multiple 's' commands,
not as suggested.

Now let's have some really clever sed script as above. Haven't had
chocolate fish in a while... :-)