[chbot] Starting point for Smartphone / Bluetooth / uP project

Helmut Walle helmut.walle at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 05:47:58 BST 2013

On 21/09/13 13:22, Mark Atherton wrote:
> [...]
> udemy looks interesting, but how they can offer 60 mins support for a
> US$19 course is beyond me
>
> almost looks too good, but of course I haven't seen the class work yet...

[...]

Yes, I haven't seen this specific course either but have seen some of
the materials from another udemy course on Android development that made
a very decent impression (that one cost more than $ 19, but still
clearly under $ 100). Regarding the 60 minutes support, I would expect
that most people just want to get on with it and therefore aren't keen
on wasting an hour with support if they are already doing just fine, and
therefore don't take them up on the support offer. The pricing is
probably based on the idea that the courses are online, so that teachers
get significant revenue out of the potentially large number of
participants, as opposed to the hundreds of $ you would have to pay for
a "live classroom" course presenting exactly the same content. And udemy
only is a platform - they are not developing the content, but are just
providing the technical vehicle. And then there are participant reviews
to rate customer value. There will always be some risk in it for the
first participants of a course, but it looks like a pretty effective
concept...

Kind regards,

Helmut.