[chbot] Digital Storage Oscilloscope recommendations

Robin Gilks robin at gilks.org
Wed Nov 13 07:11:42 GMT 2013

Greetings all

Christmas is coming and I think I might treat myself this year:)

I've been looking at cheap Chinese DSOs but the specs are either vague or
outright lies! To give an idea, I've looked on dx.com, aliexpress.com,
chinavasion.com to start with for the following devices:

UNI-T UTD2102CEL 7.0" LCD 100MHz Digital Oscilloscope
RIGOL DS1102E 5.6" LCD 100MHz Dual Channel Digital Color Storage Oscilloscope
Siglent SDS1102CML 100MHz Digital Storage Oscilloscope
Hantek DSO5102P Digital storage oscilloscope 100MHz 2Channels 1GSa/s 7" LCD
OWON SDS7102V 100Mhz Digital Oscilloscope  1G/s large 8" LCD

All about US$400 to US$500 when postage is included and pretty much the
same apart from sample rate and storage depth but some seem to have been
about for a few years now - its difficult to tell!

So far, the Owon is ahead but not by much!

I'm hoping someone has more detail than EEVBlog

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks