[chbot] Progress on eSmart Display

Spencer Travers spencer.travers at gmail.com
Wed May 29 11:05:19 BST 2013

I am making up a jig to allow rapid reprogramming/unlocking of the
displays. If I get it working in time I will bring it along to the next
meeting so people can enable the ISP port on their displays.

Essentially it is a PLCC socket that fits on top of the MCU on the board
and makes the appropriate connections to the AVR Dragon.

Perhaps we can set up a production line at the next meeting?

The bootloader is a good idea. Unfortunately the serial port is not
directly available on any of the headers or external connectors. I wonder
how difficult it would be to modify the bootloader to bit-bash a serial
port on the MOSI/MISO pins on the ISP connector? It would be neat to avoid
modding the hardware.

Spencer