[chbot] More Li-Ion charger info

Mark Beckett m.beckett at amuri.net
Mon May 20 06:05:41 BST 2013

Mark
Are you sure its actually a charger, and not something to provide 5v to
a USB device from another battery or 5v source?

    *Application:*

    1.      You can DIY your mobile battery box for various equipment

    2.      Add USB connector for 5V output ie. Mobile, MP3 and MP4 etc.

    3.      Simple battery box for LED light, ie. Bicycle generator

The schematic here shows the TP4057 used to charge a battery, as
intended. (although its the other package)
http://www.tpmicro.com/goods.php?id=48

There is a 12 page pdf here
http://www.ecranic.com/files/TP4057.pdf
(Bad luck Volker its in Japanese, but Google translate at least does
some of it.)

I suspect they are using the DW01 simply to limit the battery current
(and shut off at low voltage?).

The application of the BL8530 which is a booster, tends to reinforce
this, since a charger only wouldn't need it.

Mark