[chbot] Reprogramming ESM-1000 displays at Monday's meeting.

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Fri Jun 14 03:19:01 BST 2013

On Fri 14 Jun 2013 13:44:59 NZST +1200, Spencer Travers wrote:

> The connection between the reset IC and the MCU must be temporarily broken.
> I just removed (and later replaced) the reset IC but there are other
> options we can explore. Cutting the reset pin directly on the MCU may work.
> The relevant trace on the PCB is somewhat obscured by the smart card
> socket.

You need the CPU and reset thing, but not the smart card socket.
Wouldn't it make more sens to remove that instead permanently?

I have 2 to bring along, and will try to remember the tools so we can
all be efficient about it. Thanks for sorting it all out!

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.