[chbot] Triac snubber

Jasper Mackenzie jasper.mackenzie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:12:15 GMT 2013

Good day,
  Having a great deal of difficulty switching a small smps with a triac. I
assume it has to do with holding voltage AND high dI/dt. I need to use the
smps for its size in this app, and will need to switch bigger ones in the
not too distant future.
  The triac is driven from an opto, and the cirucit is simply the pump
driver from a gentle annie chopped out with a hacksaw. resistor values
have been changed etc. I have tried a cap across MT1/2...
  Its good for a while, then it starts moemntary self triggering for a day
or so, then full on forever...

Cheers.