[chbot] OT : smart phone shopping list

follower follower at rancidbacon.com
Mon Aug 12 02:11:24 BST 2013

On 11 August 2013 13:35, Mark Atherton <markaren1 at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> Just drawing up a shopping list for a new phone
Good luck!

I'm still rocking a Google Nexus One and have been semi-seriously
looking for a replacement for a while. (The main issue I have with the
Nexus One now is that it has a comparatively tiny amount of internal
storage.)

My main criteria for a replacement are:

 * Stock Android w/timely updates and no manufacturer/carrier crud.
 * Not physically huge.
 * Metallic case/shell.

And since the Nexus One was released I don't think there's been a
phone that meets those criteria.

I had some hopes for the HTC One ("Google Edition") from this year
which has an aluminium case/shell but it's significantly larger than
what I want for fitting in a trouser pocket--and from what I can tell
it won't actually work on Vodafone's network (I could be wrong on
this). HTC's just released a "mini" version but there's not a Google
Edition of it available and it has a pretty ugly looking plastic
bumper on it.

--Philip;