[chbot] OT : smart phone shopping list

Volker Kuhlmann list0570 at paradise.net.nz
Sun Aug 11 23:51:08 BST 2013

On Mon 12 Aug 2013 10:20:02 NZST +1200, Hadley Rich wrote:

> If you can deal with the general privacy issues of Android then I'm
> quite happy with the LG/Google Nexus 4. The main issue is trying to
> strike a balance between crippling the functionality and protecting
> a shred of privacy.

Yes google hardware would be OK if the google vendor-lock-in material
can be disabled or uninstalled. The specs of course won't be helpful
here - what can't be turned off, and what functionality is missing when
you do get rid of the google services?

http://volker.dnsalias.net/	Please do not CC list postings to me.