[chbot] SDR stuff - "Field programmable RF"

Mark Atherton markaren1 at xtra.co.nz
Sat Apr 20 02:14:20 BST 2013

Thanks for finding the price for the boards, not
immediately obvious when I looked.

Looks like the larger FPGA might be the
EP4CE115F29C8N, or similar - about US$350 from
Digikey, so the blade US$650 price tag isn't too
bad. Just checked and Quartus II web edition does
support this part. Takes 180 sec to compile a 5k
LE design here, so the idea of trying 115k... anyone got a spare Cray ?

Price tag is still higher than I would like, and
may still explore getting some ICs, although the
120 pin DQFN is going to be fun.

-Mark