[chbot] Chocolate fish challenge: identify the chip

Spencer Travers spencer.travers at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 23:57:24 BST 2012

I'm trying to identify the MCU used in a product where the chip's markings
have been helpfully ground off.

I have this device in my possession and am able to perform non-destructive
tests. See photo :
https://plus.google.com/photos/110147979857504986005/albums/5802640242112207633/5802640240503083554

Some clues:

   - TQFP package with 100 pins
   - 3.3 V power rail
   - VCC on pins 96,60,14,97
   - GND on pins 62, 12
   - Decoupling caps between 60/62 and 14/12 - I'm thinking they are the
   power pins.
   - No external crystal used in the design.
   - Red dot indicates pin one, though may not have been painted by
   manufacturer.

I offer a chocolate fish for any confirmed progress towards identification.

Spencer