[chbot] Auckland RoboNZ Table top robotics

Gary grogyan at woosh.co.nz
Tue May 1 07:00:18 BST 2012

Hey guys,
Thought i'd share with you about the first RoboNZ Table Top Robotics
competition on Saturday, where the aim is to get people interest in
building robots for fun.

We had  competitors including myself, but I failed to get the robot
going in time, so 5 people had a good go.

The task was simple, to remove from a 1.2m diameter white table, 5 cans.

Later it informally went to 10 cans on a rectangular table.
Wes, Hein and I took several videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syeti2i7C5Q&list=PL05543A14534D70D2&index=1&feature=plpp_video
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syeti2i7C5Q&list=PL05543A14534D70D2&index=1&feature=plpp_video>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdoRRfrtUWA&feature=BFa&list=ULlG23sND42WQ <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdoRRfrtUWA&feature=BFa&list=ULlG23sND42WQ>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPuaGeU9d0I&feature=channel&list=UL
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPuaGeU9d0I&feature=channel&list=UL>

The even was successful, and we are looking at bringing an extra level
of difficulty for the next one in 3 - 4 months, date yet to be announced.

Hopefully we can get this to a level where you guys and us could have a
National Championship, which is the long term plan.

Anyway enjoy the videos and critque.

Cheers

Gary