[chbot] wanted : surplus DE0-nano

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 04:05:06 GMT 2012

On Wed, March 14, 2012 11:24, Mark Atherton wrote:
> We do need a better collective noun for a bunch of DSP development
> boards - any suggestions ?

Naturally, the internet sees all, and knows all, but there is a paucity of
collective nouns beginning with 'd' (which is necessary for alliterative
style).  Actually, 'b' for 'bunch of boards' is fine.

Here are some that I found:
A dole of doves
A dopping of goosanders
A desert (or deceit) of lapwings
A descent of woodpeckers
A drove of bullocks
A destruction of (wild) cats
A drift of hogs
A doylt of (tame) pigs
A dray of squirrels
A den of snakes
A decanter of deans
A decorum of deans
A diligence of messengers
A disguising of tailors
A dossier of documents

We have to be careful when choosing.  'A destruction of development
boards' doesn't convey the intended meaning (although it may be quite
apt).