[chbot] Which robot kit update.

Wes Edwards edwardsw at steadfast.co.nz
Fri Mar 2 22:51:48 GMT 2012

DFRobot (www.dfrobot.com) has the Romeo which is an Arduino with built-in
motor driver and headers which enable much easier connection of sensors
(Power, Ground, Signal on 3-pin headers). Also has some on-board buttons
which can be useful.  They also carry a good range of sensors designed to
plug into the Romeo board and they have some chassis options.

I have used the Romeo and I think it is good.  I have also used some of
their sensors which are good.  I had some issues with their 4WD platform
with the plastic motor axles breaking, possibly due to the loads on the
wheels and axles in a 4WD setup, but haven't had any issues with them in a
2WD platform.  The motors are cheap and easy to replace, but you could
consider the smaller 2WD platform with micro metal motors.  I also have one
of those but haven't used it enough to give any real comment about
durability.  Some of the documentation is a little light, but easy enough to
work out; and I don't have any complaints about their service and their
shipping is good.