[chbot] Which robot kit update.

Andrew Errington a.errington at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Mar 2 02:59:26 GMT 2012

Hi all,

Thank you again for your suggestions.  So far my plan is to go with
Arduino as the 'brains' and some kind of dual-motor chassis.  I can get
this stuff from Korean suppliers, as well as a lot of pre-made sensors and
other modules.

Having looked at what is available here it seems I need an Arduino and a
motor control shield to drive the motors.  Is there an Arduino that has
this all built in to one board?  There are so many variants that it's hard
to choose.

I guess my other options for motors are a modified servo or a stepper
motor.  If I use a modified servo then I don't need a driver board.

Again, I plan to buy one unit and evaluate it with the teachers here, then
get a small number for the students to use.  Any comments/criticism/advice
welcome.

Thanks,

Andrew