[chbot] Next Meeting Monday 16th July - Doorbell needed!

Yani Dubin yani.dubin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 07:03:05 BST 2012

Hi Richard,

I have a wireless doorbell remote which commands a stuffed gorilla to
cackle malevalently and shakes it's head side to side whenever pressed (I
can't recall if the eyes glow or not). Sound remotely useful? Or have you
asked for the cabled bell specifically because of the RF interference from
the mast above the 175 building?

In case you are wondering, this was an engagement present from a rather
inventive school friend (whose subsequent wedding present was a rotary
fly-swat - a flyswat interfaced with an electric drill). I've no idea what
the range is, and I would have to replace the batteries in one or both
units I think. But it would seem fitting for just such an event. I believe
his name is Reuben, or Ruben - I think it is documented in the 1 page user
manual we received with it.

Cheers,
Yani.